How do you deal with a bad teacher in elementary school?
10 Tips To Deal With A Bad Teacher Impeding Your Child’s Progress At School
- 1 Teach Your Child To “Play The Game”
- 2 Go Higher Up.
- 3 Take It To The Principal.
- 4 Observe Your Child’s Class.
- 5 Be Your Child’s Advocate.
- 6 Avoid Being Combative.
- 7 Meet With The Teacher.
- 8 Get Extra Help For Your Child.
How do you deal with a disgruntled teacher?
5 Ways to Deal with Negative Teachers
- Address the Behavior with the Teacher.
- Get Administration Involved.
- Learn to Properly Express Your Own Feelings.
- Remove Yourself from the Situation.
- Don’t Let Go of Your Own Positivity.
How do you deal with a bad principal?
Here’s the advice they had to share:
- Document everything. And when we say everything, we mean everything.
- Keep calm and do your job. If your principal is flagrantly breaking laws or ethical codes, it may be important to speak up.
- Tap your union reps.
- Kill them with kindness.
- Get out of there, pronto.
Who are some school leaders who deal with angry parents?
Bonita Henderson is another school leader who tries to put herself in the parent’s shoes. “Mostly, they just want to know that their concerns are heard and that you feel their passion for their child,” said Henderson, who is an assistant principal at the Parham School in Cincinnati.
What does a principal do when a parent is upset?
The key to controlling the blaze, most principals agree, is listening. The first thing Addie Gaines does when confronted by an upset parent is to smile and extend her hand. Gaines, who is principal at Kirbyville (Missouri) Elementary School, invites the parent into her office and offers a seat.
Who is the principal of Kirbyville Elementary School?
Gaines, who is principal at Kirbyville (Missouri) Elementary School, invites the parent into her office and offers a seat. “Doing that helps make the parent feel respected, and it communicates that I am willing to listen and try to find a solution to whatever is on their mind,” said Gaines.
Who is the principal of Rock Hall Middle School?
Newlin, principal at Rock Hall (Maryland) Middle School, also tries to remember that the parent is coming in out of love and concern for their child. “Many parents are like I am as a parent,” Newlin told Education World. “I will forgive just about anything you do to me, but don’t mess with my kids.”