How can text messages be used to communicate with employees?
5 Ways You Can Use Texting to Communicate with Your Employees
- Convey Short Messages. When you’re texting your employees, remember to keep it short and sweet.
- Send Last Minute Reminders.
- Communicate with Offsite Employees.
- Send Emergency Notifications.
- Touch Base with New Hires.
How do you handle an employee texting?
These guidelines can minimize disruptions and help keep the peace, even when employees are on their phones:
- Set cell phones to vibrate and ringtones to silent.
- Speak quietly.
- Keep calls short.
- Take personal calls in private.
- Avoid offensive language.
- Use texting as a quick and quiet alternative to talking on the phone.
How do you communicate effectively through text?
How to communicate better in text
- Use the appropriate medium. Before you send the message, ask yourself if it’s appropriate to send via text.
- Think of your audience.
- Don’t use all caps.
- Read and re-read before sending.
- Don’t assume.
- Etiquette always applies.
- Never text while driving.
How to use text messages in HR communication?
Payroll: Send text reminders for employees to fill out timesheets and notify them of direct deposits. Employees are able to text their disputes or discrepancies into HR. Motivation: Overall, high morale and motivators will produce the most productive work environment.
How is text messaging used in the workplace?
Over the last few years, text messaging has become a popular tool for recruiters on the hunt for new talent. Your SMS efforts shouldn’t stop after the employee onboarding process begins. 70% of professionals believe that texting should be used for inter-office communication.
What are some tips for texting with employees?
In order to keep those numbers high, here are a few tips for texting with your employees: Respect the inbox. Don’t abuse the privilege of having their cellphone number by sending out too many texts with non-essential or non-applicable information And finally, keep it professional!
What should you do if a co-worker text you at work?
An employee vexed by a co-worker’s texting needs to politely speak up or back off. Stay informed and join our daily newsletter now! Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.